Why is flossing necessary? Dental floss is an extremely vital part of your oral health care daily regimen, as it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing cannot reach. If for any reason your flossing habits are inadequate and cannot be altered, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser. For a list of optimum tips and methods for dental floss, see the list below:
– A flawless smile depends on the cleanliness of brushing and flossing your teeth every day, making sure to floss hard to reach areas between every tooth.
– The ability of a dental floss to be shred resistant is important as it ensures your flossing session can be done correctly and will not go to waste.
– After each flossing session, throw away the used section of the thread.
– When choosing an interdental cleaning product, always look for products that have been approved or recommended by your dentist or feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which is given for the highest quality products that have demonstrated a clear ability to be safe and effective.
– In order to floss effectively, a fresh piece should be used for each tooth, so strive for using a section roughly 18 inches in length for each flossing section.
If you are interested in an oral exam with Northwest Dental Associates at our office in Medford, Oregon, call us at 541-779-3993. Dr. Bryan and Dr. Davis and our team want to ensure your teeth remain straight for a lifetime to come.